Changes I've Made
There are certain parts of the official Deadlands Reloaded campaign setting which did not fit the story I wanted to tell.
- The Agency is replaced by the Pinkerton Detective Agency. It is not restricted to areas controlled by the Union, nor is it associated with the Union government. It is an independent agency which operates in all nations of North America.
- The New Opportunity/Goodwill/Harmony communities were not created by Tai Shou Ch’uan, they were created by Tobias Ezrah. Tai Shou Ch’uan will make an appearance, and his overall role will not change much.
- The religion practiced in New Opportunity/Goodwill/Harmony is not a hybrid of Buddhism and Native American beliefs, it is a hybrid of Buddhism and Christianity.
- Instead of having seven different rail companies racing to get to Lost Angels, it is now three: Union Blue, Dixie Rails, and the Wasatch Railroad. Union Blue is coming from the north, Dixie Rails from Arizona and Wasatch from Nevada. The other rail companies exist, but they only operate back east.
- Instead of multi-colored fate chips with different effects, I’m just going to use the standard bennies system used in Savage Worlds core rules.
- Since I’m not using multi-colored fate chips, that means there is no such thing as a “Legendary Chip”. Don’t worry, there will be an even better and less random reward to replace them.